Firearms Safety | Course - In-Person
Canadian Firearms Safety Course RetestIf you were unsuccessful in passing the Restricted or Non-Restricted Canadian Firearms Safety Course Exams, the Canadian Firearms Program gives you a single opportunity to retest within seven days of the completion of your course. To take advantage of this opportunity, please contact our office to coordinate a retest as quickly as possible, keeping in mind the seven day window.
If you have purchased Silvercore's Online Firearms Safety Training prior to taking the in-person course, your re-test is FREE of charge. Please call our office to register.
- CFSC re-test $30 total for both written / practical plus tax
- CRFSC re-test $30 total for both written / practical plus tax
Please note that re-tests will be facilitated where possible on the 2nd day of CFSC / CRFSC courses. Re-test students are instructed to show up to the class at 11:00am and complete their testing at 1PM unless advised otherwise.
- Both multiple choice and practical tests must be completed when re-testing the CFSC or CRFSC
- This is a closed book test
- Re-tests are made by appointment only
- Minimum government standards must be achieved to be successful, full stop
- It is the student's responsibility to be fully versed in the material and testing standards prior to attending a retest
- If you require extra instruction or study to prepare for your retest, check out Silvercore's Online Firearms Safety Course Study program
Directive from the Canadian Firearms Program
The RCMP CFP has issued the following directive in regards to the CFSC and CRFSC:
- All CFSC or CRFSC re-tests must wait 1 day (re-rest cannot be done same day as the original exam date) after the time they failed and must be completed within 7 calendar days. Otherwise the whole course will need to be re-done
- If they fail a re-test, adults are required to complete the course in full. When re-doing testing after a failure, both adults and minors must redo the written and practical portions of the testing – not just the portion they failed