CORE Hunter Education Course ChallengeSilvercore offers CORE exam challenges after every CORE Hunter Education course, as well as at our Silvercore Training Facility in Delta on a regular basis. Contact us for available dates or register online.
The option to challenge the CORE Hunter Education exams is available for those with a history of safe and responsible firearms handling, combined with the knowledge of all CORE course material.
CORE Challenges are scheduled individually to meet the needs of students. You will receive 1 hour to complete the exam as per BCWF Regulations. Please call us to book a date, time and location for completing your challenge.
- Successful completion of this exam satisfies the education requirements to apply for your Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID).
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- It is the student's responsibility to be fully versed in the material and testing standards prior to attending a challenge. Completion of the BCWF approved version of Online CORE Course is highly recommended
- Testing resources - resources such as the CORE manual or other notes cannot be used during the test. The BC Hunting & Trapping Synopsis is permitted as a reference and is provided by Silvercore
- No instruction or refreshers will be given prior to challenging the tests
- No coaching will be given during the testing and standards are strictly enforced
- Minimum government standards must be achieved to be successful (80% on the written and 80% on the practical if not exempt)
- Challenges are made by appointment only (see details on dates and times or check our online bookings)
- If you have not completed your CFSC training, you must complete the practical (firearms handling) component of the CORE examination. If a Practical Exam is required, there is an additional $30 fee