Handgun Fundamentals (HG1)A one day range course for both beginners and veterans, wishing to further build their marksmanship fundamentals.
This course covers the fundamentals of handgun marksmanship in a fun and progressive manner. Designed with both novices and semi-experienced shooters in mind, you’ll learn how to safely load, shoot and maintain semi-automatic pistols and achieve a higher level of accuracy. To provide you with the highest level of attention, we limit class size to a maximum of 6 students per instructor.
Prior to attendance of this course you will receive an online pre-course study to allow you to familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of marksmanship from the comfort of your own home. You will then be able put all of your shooting techniques into practice at the range during the course.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for this live fire course and students will be required to bring their own equipment. See below for equipment & ammunition requirements.
- Receive a Handgun Fundamentals Certificate of Completion.
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- Online course content to prepare you for a day on the range
- Safety rules and range procedures
- Responsible gun ownership
- Principles of marksmanship
- Live fire exercises (gun range)
- Dealing with malfunctions
- Target analysis
- Proper cleaning and maintenance
- Fun competitions and much more
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers)
- 2 magazines (more magazines will reduce reloading time)
- Minimum of 300 rounds of ammunition
- Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable
- Not permitted: .22cal or rim fire ammunition, magnum calibers (e.g. .357 mag, +P ammo) or steel jacketed ammunition
- Minimum 5 rounds of dummy ammunition
- Waterproof paper and pencil for taking notes
- Weather-appropriate clothing (dress for the weather on an outdoor range)
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt
- Long pants, allowing easy movement
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning
- Food, snack and drinks - lunch is not provided
- A valid Restricted PAL # must be provided when registering (Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Online training program – this provides you with the theory knowledge prior to attendance of in-person range training (access provided upon course registration)