The Whole Fish with Chef Josh Niland (Online)Award winning Chef Josh Niland explains how to make the most of your freshwater or saltwater catch. He explains what causes "fishy fish", how to properly butcher a fish, and how to turn 91% of its body weight into delicious cuisine.
Award winning Chef Josh Niland explains how to make the most of your freshwater or saltwater catch. He explains what causes "fishy fish", how to properly butcher a fish, and how to turn 91% of its body weight into delicious cuisine.
"Our entire way of thinking about how we process fish needs to be overhauled, with far more consideration given to the elements of a fish that would traditionally be considered 'waste'. Is this possible? Well, a lot of the most loved dishes in the world have been born from the utilisation of waste. Whether it is a terrine, sausages or the humble bread and butter pudding, all these dishes were born from that thought, 'What are we going to do with all this?' I don't see why fish should be any different."
- Content created by award winning chef Josh Niland.
- Train from the comfort of your own home. Compatable with tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops.
- Study whenever and wherever you are, and review the course material as many times as you wish.
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
- Before You Start
- Getting Started
- Using the Scales
- Using the Skin
- Gutting the Whole Fish
- Using the Swim Bladder, Blood and Heart
- Using the Collar and Fins
- Using the Liver, Roe, Stomach, Spleen and Intestine
- Congrats! Here's what's next
- Very cool and informative! Excellent course on handling a whole fish. I was amazed at what I learned, especially about how much of a fish average folk waste.
- Wow! Every person that eats fish should do Josh's course, simple as that!