Intro to Winter Steelhead Fishing (Online)Mia and Marty Sheppard teach the basics of fly fishing for winter steelhead. This course is ideal for new anglers, but there are nuggets of information for anglers of all experience levels.
Marty Sheppard grew up on the banks of the Sandy River in Oregon. With his dad as his tutor and angling mentor, Marty landed his first steelhead at the age of five. His enthusiasm for guiding - backed by over a decade of professional experience - makes it clear why Marty is one of fly fishing's most well-known and respected guides.
Mia Sheppard is a World Champion Spey caster, accomplished guide, and conservationist. She grew up in Tennessee, chasing trout and hiking the Great Smoky Mountains. Mia started her guiding career on the John Day River in 2003, where she continues to guide. When she isn't on the river or being a mother, she is working to engage more women and children in fly-fishing and the outdoors.
- Content created by professional guide, Marty Sheppard, and World Champion Spey caster and conservationist, Mia Sheppard.
- Train from the comfort of your own home. Compatable with tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops.
- Study whenever and wherever you are, and review the course material as many times as you wish.
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course!
- Before you Start
- Equipment (Part 1)
- Equipment (Part 2)
- What are Winter Steelhead?
- Finding Fish
- Casting and Presentation
- Fishing High Water
- Love the tips section of the masterclass. It is very nice to see how much Mia and Marty care about steelhead (and fish in general). Great class and highly recommended. Lots of field knowledge shared.
- I appreciated the comprehensive approach that Mia and Marty used to teach this class. At the same time, they included techniques and tips that will be helpful for any angler. I liked how the two speakers traded off and each offered different insights.
- Mia and Marty are two exceptional instructors and fly fishers. This is the coure to take if you are even considering buying spey casting equipment. Well done!