Rifle Marksmanship Intermediate (RF2)A one-day precision rifle shooting range course that helps intermediate level shooters achieve accuracy at longer distances, for hunting, target practice, competition or work.
Our Intermediate Range Precision Rifle Shooting course builds on the skills taught in our Marksmanship Fundamentals class. You'll learn the skills required for achieving accuracy at intermediate distances, from 200 up to 600 meters (maximum distance will vary per range). This course is ideal for hunters, competition shooters, recreationalists and professional marksmen wishing to further build on their fundamentals and push their technique to new levels.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for this live fire course and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
- Recieve a Rifle 2 - Intermediate Range Precision Shooting (RF2) Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of this course.
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- Demystifying precision shooting
- Review of rifle marksmanship fundamentals
- Ammunition selection
- Reading the wind
- Ballistic calculations, using reticle as tape measure
- Discussion on internal and external ballistics
- Use of data or log book
- Estimating distances and use of range finders
- Adjusting for elevation and holds for wind
- Shooting prone with a bipod and shooting bag
- Bolt action or semi-automatic action centre fire rifle
chambered up to 7.62 or .30 cal
- Rifle scope, installed and zeroed (no iron sights)
Scope must be minimum of 1-6X magnification; 1-10X is preferable
- Tools for adjusting scope
- Cleaning kit, including gun lube, cleaning rod or pull through
- Sand sock or rear bag
- Installed bipod and shooting bag/backpack
- 2 point sling (1 or 3 point slings are not suitable for this course)
- 150 rounds of match/duty grade centre fire ammunition
Ammo must be barrel twist rate compatible and capable of approx. 1.5 MOA precision: .223 (75/77 grain), .308 (168/175 grain), .300 (110 grain/125 grain), etc
- .22 Cal or rim fire ammunition is NOT suitable for this class
- Waterproof paper and pencil for taking notes
- Weather-appropriate clothing (dress for the weather on an outdoor range)
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt
- Long pants, allowing easy movement
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning
- Food, snack and drinks - lunch is not provided
Optional but recommended
- Range Finder
- Kestrel weather station
- Spotting Scope
- A valid PAL # must be provided when registering (Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Successful completion of Rifle Marksmanship Fundamentals or recognized certification of formal handgun training through an official agency