Whole Animal Butchery with Chef James Viles (Online)Celebrated Chef James Viles demonstrates how to process wild venison. A butcher by trade, James covers ageing, utilising the whole animal, and other useful tips for respecting wild game.
Chef James Viles
James Viles is a celebrated chef, author and adventurer. An active global ambassador to Land Rover Australia, he has travelled the country gathering some of the wildest ingredients from the land, sea and streams – cooking them in communities along the way.
James is the Co-founder of OFFGRID PROVISIONS & OFFGRID KITCHEN, a culinary experience that explores some of the most remote parts of Australia. He is the former founder of Australian dining institution “Biota”, the most awarded regional restaurant in NSW, Australia for over 8 years. He founded “Barn by Biota”, which was named one of the top 100 restaurants to visit in the word by Time Magazine New York.
He enjoys time outdoors with his family and is happiest with a simple day spent with his loved ones.
- Content created by professional butcher and chef James Viles.
- Train from the comfort of your own home. Compatable with tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops.
- Study whenever and wherever you are, and review the course material as many times as you wish.
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course!
- Ageing and Preparation
- Hanging and Cleaning
- Knives and Tools
- The Butchering Process
- The Filets (Tenderloins)
- Striploins (Backstraps)
- Excellent demonstration of how to safely handle the meat and get it ready for cooking. He showd you how to cut the meay away from the bone and to seperate the muscle layers. Good discussions on what method to cook the meat.