Breaking Down the Spey Cast with April Vokey (Online)This mini-course helps students understand the fundamentals of the Spey cast so that they can maximise their time on the water.
This mini-course helps students understand the fundamentals of the Spey cast so that they can maximise their time on the water.
- Content created by experienced angler April Vokey.
- Train from the comfort of your own home. Compatable with tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops.
- Study whenever and wherever you are, and review the course material as many times as you wish.
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
- Welcome to this Mini-Course
- Swinging, Etiquette, Steelhead and Safety
- Before the First Cast, Covering Water, the Loop Knot
- Grip and Stance
- Step One: The Lift
- Step Two: Setting the Anchor
- Step Three: The Sweep, Home Position
- Step Four: Forming the D-Loop / Circle Up
- Step Five: Forward Delivery
- Troubleshooting the Bloods L and Creep
- Brand new to Spey and swinging for steehead and this was a great place to start. Looking forward to devouring more content and applying on the water. April has a very soothing cadence to her teaching and conveys a sincere interest in her students success even though you're only viewing a video. Best investment I have made since starting this journey.
- Probably the next best thing to being on the water with your instructor. I am casting so much better now. Thank you.
- Easy to understand and nails all the key mistakes and shortcuts casters take.