CORE Hunter Education Course (Online)Designed by experienced CORE instructors, this online course covers the theoretical portion of the B.C. CORE hunter education program. It combines informative slides and relevant quizzes to help prepare you to take the CORE hunter education course or challenge the test.
"CORE offers expert instruction on safe and ethical hunting, your role in the protection and conservation of wildlife and natural habitat, bird and animal identification, first aid, and firearms safety. CORE will give you the confidence and practical knowledge you need to begin a lifetime of adventure in the outdoors, hunting, angling, and feeding your family and friends.
The B.C. Wildlife Federation’s CORE Course can be taken online, followed by an in-person written exam and hands-on training in the safe handling of a firearm."
- B.C. Wildlife Federation
- The only B.C. Wildlife Federation online training course which includes the mandatory $30 student graduation certificate required to obtain your B.C. Fish and Wildlife ID (FWID).
- Train from the comfort of your own home. Compatable with tablets, smartphones, laptops and desktops.
- Study whenever and wherever you are, and review the course material as many times as you wish.
- Receive a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
- Chapter 1 - Firearms Safety ACTS & PROVE
- Chapter 2 - Non-Restricted Actions
- Chapter 3 - Ammunition
- Chapter 4 - Conservation
- Chapter 5 - Ethics
- Chapter 6 - Laws and Regualtions
- Chapter 7 - Outdoor Survival
- Chapter 8 - Indigenous Peoples and Hunting in B.C.
- Chapter 9 - First Aid
- The course material was highly organized. The chapters were really easy to read and the presenter was very clear throughout. I learned the material through the chapters, but taking the quizzes was key to solidify the acquired knowledge. I could not be more ready. I love the experience! Worth every penny! Thank you!!
- I was a S.A.F.E instructor in Saskatchewan for 18 years prior to moving to B.C. I rate the CORE course very high and found it consistent to what is taught in Sk. Easy to see the cooperation between provinces to ensure a solid Hunter Ed/Firearm Safety program.
- Very informative. Learnt many things about the various wildlife I have never seen before. This course was worth the money.