Shotgun Fundamentals (SG1)This one-day, live fire course teaches the fundamentals of shotgun shooting. It is designed to train students to safely and effectively use a shotgun in all basic range conditions.
Learn the fundamentals of shotgun shooting! This one-day live fire course is designed to train the student to use a shotgun in all basic range conditions.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for this live fire course and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
- Receive a Shotgun 1 - Fundamentals (SG1) Certificate of Completion after successful completion of this course.
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- Operation and Familiarization of Shotguns
- Principles of Marksmanship
- Dealing with Malfunctions
- Conditions of Carry
- Shooting from unusual positions
- Multiple targets
- Moving and shooting
- Shooting from cover
- Off-hand techniques
- Sling Work
- 12 gauge shotgun, pump action recommended
- 2 point sling (required)
- 100 rounds of 7 1/2 Bird Shot
- 10 rounds of 00 Buck Shot
- 25 rounds of slugs
- Waterproof paper and pencil for taking notes
- Weather-appropriate clothing (dress for the weather on an outdoor range)
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt
- Long pants, allowing easy movement
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning
- Food, snack and drinks - lunch is not provided
- A valid PAL # must be provided when registering (Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)