Canadian Firearms Safety Course - RestrictedRestricted firearms safety course, including exams.
Whether you’re interested in applying for a Canadian firearms license, or are simply interested in learning more about firearms safety, this is the course for you. It’s one of Silvercore's most popular classes and the first step for those looking to get into target shooting, a career in law enforcement, or the movie industry.
Designed with the absolute beginner in mind, our RCMP approved course curriculum covers restricted (handguns) firearms in the most efficient manner available. This course is offered over one day and includes testing. Passing this course is a federal requirement to apply for your Restricted Possession and Acquisition License (PAL).
For those seeking an even deeper understanding of firearm operation and safety, we also offer CFSC / CRFSC Online Theory. You will have the option to add the Online Theory course for an additional $24 at checkout, for a $35 savings.* Purchasing the Online Theory course is optional and not a requirement prior to your course, although students who select this option on average score higher than those who don't.
* Must be purchased at the same time as your in-person course to redeem discounted rate
Note: You must have your Non-restricted firearms license before being permitted to take the Restricted course.
Looking for your non-restricted license as well? Purchase the combined CFSC/CRFSC course for $270 + tax, which is $55 in savings.
- This course satisfies the RCMP requirements to upgrade to a Restricted Possession and Acquisition License (PAL).
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- Many students take the Online Canadian Fireams Safety Course Study program in conjunction with their in-person course to compliment their overall training.
- Safety Rules (ACTS and PROVE)
- Loading and Unloading of 4 Typical Action Types
- Firearms History
- Ammunition Types (Handgun)
- Best Practices for Using a Firearm in the Field or at the Range
- Carrying Positions and Cleaning Principles
- Overview of Canadian Gun Laws and Regulations
- Hands-On Practice Session on Deactivated Firearms
- Federal Multiple Choice & Practical Tests (CRFSC - Restricted)
- PAL Application Package, to be Submitted to the CFO by the Student After Successful Completion of the Course