Handgun Dynamic / Professional (HG3)Learn the skills, tactics and mindset required for dynamic/professional use of handguns
Learn specific techniques and principles essential for dynamic/professional handgun shooting. Silvercore's Handgun Dynamic/Professional course is popular with all levels of competition shooters, for professionals needing to meet work-related re-qualifications and with those seeking to begin a career as an armed professional. To provide you with the highest level of attention, we limit class size to a maximum of 6 students per instructor.
Our curriculum was formed over more than a decade, based on the extensive field experience of our instructor cadre. Further building on the skill sets you've developed in our Fundamentals and Intermediate handgun classes, you'll now learn how to shoot on the move, draw from concealment, accurately engage multiple targets, shoot in low light conditions using a tactical flashlight, move in and out of various positions and effectively use cover.
Please note that neither firearm rentals nor ammunition are provided for this live fire course and students will be required to bring their own equipment.
- Receive a Handgun Dynamic / Professional Certificate of Completion.
- Increase your chances for success, and get the most out of your education, with support from the Silvercore Podcast and Blog Posts.
- Safety rules and range procedures
- Review of holster work, loading and clearing malfunctions
- Basics of using concealment garment for work or competition
- Engaging multiple moving targets and close quarter shooting
- Low light shooting and use of a tactical flashlight
- "Slicing the pie" and shooting from cover
- Weak side / disabled fire techniques
- Shooting while standing, moving, kneeling and prone
- Target recognition and decision making drills
- Federal Air marshal course of fire and benchmark drills
- Semi-automatic handgun (no revolvers)
- 3 or more magazines
- Belt mounted hard Kydex retention holster (no soft holsters)
Not suitable: trigger finger-release or Serpa-style holsters, inside the waistband holsters and any cross-draw style holsters
- Minimum of 2 magazine pouches
- Rigid, sturdy belt (a proper gun belt is best)
- Minimum of 400 rounds of ammunition
- Copper full metal jacketed (FMJ) is acceptable
- Not permitted: .22cal or rim fire ammunition, magnum calibers (e.g. .357 mag, +P ammo) or steel jacketed ammunition
- Minimum 5 rounds of dummy ammunition
- Waterproof paper and pencil for taking notes
- Weather-appropriate clothing (dress for the weather on an outdoor range)
- Wraparound shooting glasses, ball cap and hearing protection
- Clothing: Shirt should be form fitting at torso and cuffs as to not snag the equipment.
- No loose collars as stray brass can get stuck down your shirt
- Long pants, allowing easy movement
- Closed toe shoes that allow rapid moving and turning
- Food, snack and drinks - lunch is not provided
- A valid Restricted PAL # must be provided when registering (Exceptions may be made for active Law Enforcement Officers, please contact our office for details)
- Successful completion of Handgun Intermediate or recognized certification of formal handgun training through an official agency